A rather lively discussion took place on my Facebook wall after posting my friend Joy's video about worms that have come out of her through parasite cleansing. I felt many of the questions and concerns raised were valid, and probably shared by others. I have therefore archived the discussion (now closed) here. :)
Symptoms of Toxic Mold
What are symptoms of mold illness and the resulting multiple chemical sensitivity? There is a wide range. Here are mine...
Immediate symptoms around environmental toxins and chemicals: burning throat, lips, headaches, weakness, extreme fatigue.
Immediate symptoms around mold (all kinds, not just toxic mold, now that I am sensitized to it):
- throat swelling up
- tons of mucus/congestion
- pounding headache
- anxiety/panic (feeling of "I've got to get out of here!")
- difficulty finding words.
Long term symptoms from living in mold:
- major gut problems
- can't digest many foods
- debilitating pain and weakness with fat/protein meals
- nutrient absorption issues
- deficiencies, with all their symptoms
- multiple chemical sensitivity (extreme sensitivity and symptoms to just about everything in the modern world)
- hormones thrown out of whack, causing more problems (environmental toxins raise estrogen levels)
- problems from malfunctioning gut (constipation, UTIs, food sensitivities)
- raised histamine levels and histamine intolerance, and resulting health issues
- brain fog, forgetting simple things; inability to think, understand, and process stimuli
- hair loss
- unexplained sickness
- immune weakness yet immune system on overdrive, reacting to everything
....the list goes on.
Because mold attacks so many systems in the body and they are all interrelated, it's hard to tell what is causing what, having spent years living in mold, with so much damage done to various systems.
It has been said that if a person or child is having frequent or unexplained illness or symptoms, it would be wise to look into toxic mold as a causative factor.
My Chemical-Free House
Mold Recovery & It Takes Time
Paradigm Change & Locations Effect Forum
A Good Health Advocate Blog